The Aloe Agri-campsite is located in an area popular with tourists thanks to its sandy beaches, nature reserves and various centres of historic interest.
Rimigliano’s long, sandy beach is only 700 meters away, and is part of the coastal reserve that named after the town. The magnificent Gulf of Baratti, famous for its Etruscan Necropolis is s only a few kilometres away as is Populonia Castle and the entire archaeological area that dates back to Etruscan and Roman times.
San Vincenzo is a seaside resort town just a few kilometres away to the north, whilst minutes away to the south there is the port of Piombino, the departure point for boats to the islands of Elba, Sardinia and Corsica.
Those wanting simply to relax do not have far to go to reach either the thermal spa/well-being centre in Venturina, or Calidario the little lake fed by spring water in the same town.
- There are many trekking and mountain bike trails in the area
- Trips to surrounding medieval villages can be arranged
- There is a sailing centre in the Golf of Baratti offering courses and boats for hire
- The many wine cellars in the area are open for tours and tastings
- There are plenty of places that are great for water sports such as wind and kite surfing